As the days go by and our world continues to develop, it is becoming increasingly clear that coding is a much-required skill. Our current world is run by technology and technology is not going anywhere anytime soon, thus it is only right that we equip our children with the necessary survival skills and coding as one of them. However, at what age can a child start coding? There are various coding classes for kids available, this is an indicator that our youngest ones can learn to code.
What is Coding ?
Coding better known as computer programming involves extracting a computer and how to successfully execute various actions. Coding does this through its own creative process. In much simpler terms coding or code are a set of instructions that are much needed by computers, as they cannot function without them.
Will utilize code in our day-to-day lives and most of us may not even know this. The simple act of pressing the keyboard of your laptop as part of code. Biking in what you want to see typed on your laptop you are instructing your laptop to produce your desired outcome.
So the topic is quite interesting once you understand it’s a concept. Now at what age can you teach a child to code and is it even possible to teach a child how to code? The answer is yes read on for more information.
The Appropriate Age to Learn to Code
The best age to start off a child on learning how to code is a likely 7 years old. At this age children are able to grasp different concepts and will be able to grasp the concept of coding.
When teaching kids this age you must have fun with coding otherwise it will seem like too much of a task to them. You will have to use high interest activities and fun, creative projects.
The entire process must be fun and engaging otherwise you will lose their attention. You could also seek out the help of online coding classes for kids. These are very helpful and skilled in the area of teaching kids how to code. There are also coding class for teens available as coding is for all ages really.
There are so many fun and exciting tools you can use and these can be:
Why Teach a Child to Code
Here are just a few reasons why you should invest in teaching children how to code:
- Coding has the ability to change my child’s whole perspective of the world and how it functions. It can help spark out-of-the-box thinking.
- Your child stands a better chance of getting into colleges as well as obtaining good job positions because of the fact that he or she understands and is masterful at coding. This is because computer programmers are in high demand at this time.
- Coding broadens a child’s other senses and ignites creativity, logical thinking and problem -solving.
How to Teach Kids to Code?
Teaching children how to code is not easy. Coding is quite a deep concept and so a lot of methods have to be put in place to help break down the concept into something that kids can easily grasp.
- Start of the basics. Start all the easy fun and light topics. Help set the foundation of them puzzle in general idea of what companies and the rest will be made simpler.
- Be involved. Children enjoy it when the educators are involved in whatever tasks they are doing. This makes the task see more interesting and fun and may spark a sense of competition.
- Limit your control. Let the child’s mind run wild and let them hold their creativity and imaginative thinking. Coding is about being creative and problem solving so let the child make mistakes and learn from them this is the best teacher.
At what age can a child start coding? We believe you can and should start them off young. Young minds are more susceptible to storing information. Children are the future and it’s important that they are well invested in. So, take that chance and teach your child how to code.